Last year, Dara Phung (@thefourthjonas) convinced her friends that she was hanging out with Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Kylie Jenner and other A-list celebs by using PicsArt to edit herself into their photos. And her edits were so convincing that they actually went viral.
Since Dara’s a PicsArt photo editing pro, and since we ALL want in on our fave celebrity squads, we asked her to help us help you play a little April Fools’ Day trick on your friends. So here’s how to add yourself to photos with your favorite celebs, brought to you by The Fourth Jonas herself. You gotta learn from the best, right?
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android or Windows.
- Tap on the pink plus sign and select “Edit.” Choose your celebrity photo.
- Tap on the Add Photo icon and choose a picture of yourself.
- Tap on the Crop icon and crop your photo so just your face appears.
- Adjust the size and place your head on the photo. Use the slider to reduce the opacity a bit as you place it to make sure that it’s positioned correctly.
- Tap on the eraser at the top of the screen and erase the background of your added photo. Confirm.
- Bring the opacity back up to 100% and tap on “Apply” to confirm.
- Now you need to make sure that the lighting and tones of your two images match. Tap on the Tools icon and open the Adjust Tool. Use the sliders to adjust the brightness, contrast and whatever other settings you need to tweak. Tap on “Apply” to confirm.
- If you’d like to change your makeup to match the photo like Dara did, tap on the Draw icon.
- Use the Color Chooser in the bottom left corner to select a color. Tap on the paintbrush icon and choose a brush.
- Paint on your lip color. Tap on “Apply” to go back to the photo editor.
- Tap on the Effects icon, choose a photo effect (Dara used Seafoam) and tap on “Apply.” This will help make your edit look even more realistic.
- Tap on the arrow in the top right corner to finish. Save your photo collage and share it on PicsArt with the hashtag #aLister!
PicsArt photo editor, collage maker and sticker maker is all about you. If you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out! Remix free-to-edit pictures into awesome collages and memes. Download the app to get in on the action.