UPDATE: Scroll down to watch the live how-to video for this edit!
Survey time: Raise your hand if your mom’s phone wallpaper is a picture of you. 👋
If Mother’s Day 2017 is sneaking up on you this year and you’re still searching for the perfect Mother’s Day gifts, try kicking up your photo editing skills a notch and give your mom a custom iPhone wallpaper — featuring your face. It’s an easy, personalized and also kind of hilarious Mother’s Day gift that your mom will love to hate (…or hate to love, depending on her sense of humor).
The best part? If you’re competing with your sibling(s) for Most Thoughtful Kid Status, it’s pretty much in the bag with this one. After all, how can you not win when your mom is greeted with your beautiful face every time she goes to check her phone?
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Take a TON of selfies.
- Open PicsArt and tap on the pink plus sign. Select Draw > Create New and choose the screen option (750 x 1334). Tap on the arrow in the top right corner.
- In Draw, tap on the arrow in the top right corner and select “Edit Image.”
- Tap on the Add Photo icon and choose your first selfie.
- Tap on the Cutout icon and use your finger to outline yourself. Tap on the arrow in the top right corner. If necessary, use the paintbrush and eraser icons to refine your selection. When you’re done, tap on “Save” to save the selection as a custom sticker.
- Adjust the size and place the sticker on your canvas.
- Tap on the plus sign in the top right corner and select “Add Photo.” Repeat the process until your canvas is full. If you’d like to reuse a sticker, tap on the plus sign, select “Sticker” and find it under “My Stickers.”
- When you’re done, tap on “Apply,” then tap on the arrow icon to finish. Share your custom iPhone wallpaper on PicsArt with the hashtag #SelfieWallpaper. Then, send it to your mom (or set the new wallpaper for her if you want to give her a surprise).
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the fact that you just won Mother’s Day.
What are you doing to celebrate Mother’s Day 2017? Share your Mother’s Day ideas in the comments below!
PicsArt photo editor, collage maker and sticker maker is all about you. If you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out! Remix free-to-edit pictures into awesome collages and memes. Download the app to get in on the action.