Have you seen the “Moonlight” movie? Loved it as much as we did? Well, we have an edit just for you. Since the Academy Awards (also known as the Oscars) 2017 are coming up, we thought we’d see if we can recreate the movie’s iconic poster with PicsArt photo editor and collage maker, and — spoiler alert! — it’s super easy. Show your support for the movie (up for 7 awards) and its amazing cast by creating your own. Here’s a simple photo editing tutorial to show you how to make your own movie poster. Grab a bucket of popcorn and let’s get started!
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android or Windows.
- Open our overlay image from the @freetoedit account in the photo editor, tap on the Draw icon to open it in the Drawing Tool.
- Tap on the Add icon in the bottom toolbar and select “Photo.” Open a black and white portrait (if you don’t have a black and white portrait, just apply the B&W photo effect to any portrait beforehand) and enlarge it so it covers the whole canvas.
- Tap on the layers icon in the bottom right corner to open the layers drawer. Drag your photo layer to the bottom.
- Tap to select the top layer with the graphic overlay. Tap on “Normal” and switch to the Overlay blending mode (depending on your image, you might want to experiment with other blending modes).
- Tap on “Apply,” save your edit and share it on PicsArt with the hashtag #Moonlight!
The “Moonlight” movie, directed by Barry Jenkins and starring Mahershala Ali, Shariff Earp and Duan Sanderson is nominated for Best Picture Nominee in the 89th Academy Awards, also known as the Oscars 2017. The film also features Janelle Monáe and has received nominations for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Mahershala Ali) and Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Naomie Harris), among others.
Other films nominated for the Oscars 2017 Best Picture Nominee are:
“La La Land” (have you seen our “La La Land” tutorial? You can basically turn yourself into Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone)
“Hell or High Water”
“Manchester by the Sea”