Oh hai, Remix Chat. Today, we’re excited to announce the rollout of a totally new feature! It’s a whole new way for you to do group chat and social photo editing.
Yep, we may have just casually reinvented group chat, photo editing and sharing.
As for your pictures, gone are the days where you upload-and-leave ‘em. Plain old photo sharing is so 2016. Now you can send a picture to your friends (up to 50 people in one group chat), and that’s when the real fun begins.
Because once you send a picture through Remix Chat, everyone in that group chat can remix it — using all of PicsArt’s photo editing tools, filters, masks, photo effects and over 10,000 stickers — right from the message, and send it right back. And then someone else can create another remix. And another remix. And another.
It’s a totally new way to share and edit photos. And tbh, it’s way more fun.
Here’s how to use Remix Chat:
- Download the latest version of PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS or Android.
- Tap on the pink plus sign at the bottom of the screen, tap on “Edit” and select a picture to edit with one or more of your friends.
- Your picture will open in the photo editor, where you have the option to edit it if you like. When you’re done, tap on the arrow in the top right corner.
- Tap on “Save Private” to save the image on your profile privately, or on “Post” to share it publicly.
- Tap on “Send Direct Message” at the bottom of the screen. Enter your friends’ usernames and tap on the pink arrow icon.
- Let the fun begin! You can access all of your messages by tapping on the chat icon in the top right corner of your Explore page and going to the Messages tab.
Don’t forget to create a PicsArt username to use Remix Chat! Remix Chat is available on iOS and Android in the US, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Italy, Japan, Austria, Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We plan to roll out globally in several weeks, and on Windows soon, so stay tuned!
See the full press release here.