We’re a creative bunch at PicsArt who work together all the time. From working together at our jobs to editing travel plans from our phones, we’re predisposed to want to create things together. That’s not to say that there isn’t value in creating things on our own (there is), but coming together to create something as a group oftentimes leads to unexpected great things — especially when it comes to collaborative photo editing. Creating works of art together around #FreeToEdit is something that unique and special to PicsArt – but we had a another idea…
What if PicsArtists could edit parts of the same image and then piece it back together? That’s exactly what we did in the PicsArt office this week and we think it worked out pretty well! Here, take a look:
Let’s create together.
We want PicsArt to be a place for collaborative photo editing, so let’s all create something together! Over the weekend, the official @PA account will be posting bits and pieces of a larger image with corresponding hashtags. What’s the image? That’s a surprise! For instance, the first piece uploaded to @PA will be tagged with #Piece1 and #FreeToEdit. All you need to do is to edit your piece and share it to PicsArt with the same #Piece1 hashtag. Then we’ll post #Piece2, and so on.
Early next week, we’ll pick our favorite edits and put them back together in a big reveal! Depending how many submissions we get, we might share more than one collaborative art piece.
So head on over to the official @PA account and start collaborating! We can’t wait to see what you create.
The fine print:
- All the pieces can be found on the official @PA account with a corresponding hashtag (i.e. #Piece1, #Piece2, etc.)
- You must share your edits publicly to PicsArt with the corresponding hashtag (i.e. #Piece1, #Piece2, etc.)
- When editing, make sure you don’t change the dimensions of your edit. Edits of a piece without the same proportions will not be included.
- You can edit each piece however many times you want to.
- The opportunity to submit edits will end Monday, March 21st at 11:59 PM PT.
- Due to volume, we may not be able to include every single edit — but we’ll do our best!