hi guys! i love all things horror so today i’m going to recommend you some movies to watch before halloween that you may not have seen before <3 big tw for blood and d34th in all these movies. also this is the last time i’m putting my main tag list so please comment 🫐 to join!
1. my bloody valentine: this is the quintessential 80’s slasher film and honestly it’s one of my comfort movies. it’s so cheesy and predictable but unique at the same time. it’s available on hbo max!
2. let the right one in: if you don’t speak swedish you’re going to need subtitles but this is genuinely one of the best movies i’ve ever seen. if you love vampires and romance you have to see it. this one can be watched on amazon prime.
3. house of 1000 corpses: ok maybe i’m biased because im obsessed with this movie but this is a camp horror essential. hillbilly killer family that is gross and raunchy? sign me up. if you like campy movies starting white trash people or you love rob zombie this movie is perfect for you. available on hbo max.
4. the hills have eyes: this movie is a classic and is one of the ones that has genuinely scared me. it’s kind of in the same ballpark as house of 1000 corpses so if you’re not into the whole southern hillbilly horror story it’s not really for you, i just love that genre. available on amazon prime.
5. train to busan: most of the time i don’t like zombie movies (aside from zombie land) but this movie has such an interesting concept and i really liked it. it’s a korean film so i had to watch it with subtitles, but it was really good. it shows a perspective where they’re in a situation that’s nowhere near ideal and i thought that was really refreshing. available on peacock and amazon prime.
6. friday the 13th part 3: ok friday the 13th 1 is good too but i like 3 in particular. idk why, but the third one just has this extra flare that’s kind of inexplicable. it’s like my bloody valentine in that it’s a classic 80’s slasher (one of my favorite genres if you cant tell) that’s so predictable and cheesy that you have to love it. also jason is iconic. available on amazon prime.
7. an interview with the vampire: this. movie. is. PHENOMENAL. it’s one of my favorite movies of all time. i love vampires so practically anything vampire related i will enjoy. the story is just so captivating and well acted. AND THE BOOK IS AMAZING TOO. 10/10 movie, also why are all classic vampires from louisiana, what do you guys have over there that makes all the vampire spawn 🤨. available on tubi.
8. the ring: i’ve heard the japanese version is even better so i need to watch that but i really enjoyed the ring. i didn’t find it scary but i loved the cinematography and i liked watching the story play out and the history behind the video. samara deserved better 😔 available on netflix or amazon prime.
9. jennifer’s body: i will never shut up about jennifer’s body. she’s the background of my intro post. she’s my pfp on pin. she’s on my lock screen twice. i love that movie and the only reason is flopped is because of misogyny and homophobia. she is a bi queen and also a victim which people forget. now i will say she is really mean to needy towards the end but also needy didn’t consider what she was going through at all. anyway amazing movie, it’s funny and perfect and you will be seeing this movie in future posts im obsessed with it. available on amazon prime.
10. young frankenstein: last but not least, this is a movie that i’ve always loved. it’s the oldest on the list but gene wilder is amazing in this movie. i just love the take on the original story of frankenstein, and i may be biased cause it’s a comfort movie for me. available on amazon prime, hbo max, and hulu.
## 𝐈𝐁𝐅 𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐒 . . . ♡
| yuns, jungwon 2 my jake
| kay, san 2 my wooyoung
| sua <3
| lilah, hussey 2 my serena 🤭
| fufu, sunghoon 2 my jake
| em, chaeryeong 2 my yeji
| kat, lisa 2 my rosé
| yaye, yeonjun 2 my gyu
| pixie <33
## 𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐒 . . . ♡ @thinkaboutvio #freetoedit