How do I resolve issues with my Android installation
If you are experiencing problems with the latest version of the PicsArt Android app, please see below for a list of common problems and how to resolve them.
Updating to the latest version
Some Android users have reported issues updating or auto-updating to new versions of the PicsArt Android app from the Android Marketplace. The PicsArt engineering team is working to help resolve the issue. In the meantime, you should be able to solve the problem by following these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Android mobile device, or the button at the bottom of the device, second from the right, with a picture of a house on it.
- Tap the App menu, or the icon with the grid of small squares at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Settings from the list of apps.
- Go to Applications -> Manage Applications.
- Select the All tab.
- Find the Market app in the list of applications.
- Press Clear Data.
- Confirm that you are removing all locally stored data from your device (don't worry, this won't affect the apps on your device or your PicsArt Android app).
The Market should rebuild what it needs when you run it again. Once it does, you will be able to update to the latest version of the PicsArt Android app normally.
Install problem 18
Some Android users have reported about problem with installing PicsArt after downloading, with the message Install problem 18, it is common problem here is link to the discussion about the problem
Couldn't install on USB or SD card
This is a known issue which happens due to the failure of Android OS removing some temporary files, which happens at uninstall or update
- Unmount the SD card.
- Install the PicsArt program. It will install at internal memory part not SD card.
- Re-mount the SD card.
- Move the program from the phone to the SD card.
- If these steps do not help then look at solution at Fixing The "Couldn't Install On USB Storage Or SD Card" Problem On Android Posted by Artem Russakovskii in Apps/Games
Other Technical Issues
Here are a few tips on how to fix other technical issues:
- Check your phone has the latest PicsArt version
- Make sure your SD card is available for apps (it is not connected to your PC or removed,) and has some free space on it.
- We strongly recommend you use a good WiFi connection when you download and install PicsArt and packages from the shop. The first time you run PicsArt, ensure you have a good internet connection.
- Downloaded packages missing: You must be logged into the app for the Clipart packages to be visible. If they are not visible immediately after downloading, please log out and log back in.
- Ad-Remover not working: You must be logged into the app for the Ad-Remover to work. If Ad-Remover does not work immediately after updating the app, please log out and log back in.
- Missing Pictures: Please try finding missing pictures using a file manager like Astro or similar file manager. If you find saved pics, look for the '.nomedia' file in the same folder, delete '.nomedia' file and restart your phone. Your pictures should now be visible.
- Memory requirements: Make sure your phone has at least 20MB free memory when running PicsArt
Reporting an Issue
Issue still not solved after trying the tips above? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of the problem. Please also provide the following information to help us solve the issue faster:
- Your phone model
- iOS or Android OS version
- PicsArt version
- Mobile operator or carrier
iPhone Privacy Permissions
Can't access your Gallery from PicsArt? Follow the steps below to adjust your privacy permissions.
iPhone Privacy Permissions
- On the Home Screen of your device click 'Settings'
- Click 'Privacy'
- Click 'Photos'
- Set the switch for PicsArt to 'On'