Drip art selfies are taking over! You could say they’re officially oozing into every nook, crack, and cranny of our lives. ?
It all began over the weekend when our feeds started filling up with an insane number of melting digital art masterpieces. We’re definitely not complaining though! You guys, and the Magic effects, have never looked better. ?♀️?♂️✨
Although it’s clear a ton of you already have the dripping effect on ?, we’ve also received a lot of questions on how to get in on the trend while it’s still HOT. The good news is that the edit itself can be done by anyone, even those who have never tried PicsArt!
We went ahead and created several drip art selfie PicsArt Replays for you so the entire editing process can be 100% foolproof. All you have to do is tap “try it” and hit apply for each of the steps. With these Replays, any photo in your camera roll can go from basic to ~terrifically trippy~ in seconds.
More of a DIY, start-from-scratch, risk-it-all type? Here’s a general drip art selfie formula to follow to keep you on track:
- Step 1: Tap on the Cutout tool and use the auto-detect portrait feature.
- Step 2: Go to Effects and select one from the “Magic” category. You can double tap on the effect of your choice to lower the opacity until you’re happy with the “cartoonification” level. ?
- Step 3: Tap on the Fit tool and place your portrait in the center.
- Step 4: Go to Stickers and search “drip” and/or “dripping.” Be sure to pick out a sticker with a solid white background (this is important later).
- Step 5: Position the sticker over the lower half of your edit and apply the “lighten” blend mode. This is the exciting part: when the edit really comes together!
- Step 6: Add halo crown, neon, paint splatter, and/or star stickers until you’re happy with the end result. ?
PicsArt Photo and Video Editor, collage, and Sticker Maker is the world’s largest creative platform with more than 150 million monthly active users and influencers. PicsArt has collaborated with several brands and artists, including Disney, MTV, Taylor Swift, The Jonas Brothers, Gwen Stefani, Maroon 5, 30 Seconds to Mars, and more. Step-up your photo editing with thousands of tools, edits, backgrounds, stickers, and filters. Awesome starts here! Download the app today, and upgrade to PicsArt Gold to unleash your creativity!