You’ve likely seen many a regular photo frame hanging in your house, but you haven’t witnessed Atay’s (@dagmus5) photo frame edits. In essence, he uses various shapes to create a virtual photo frame for his photos, making for a unique visual experience. “In my life, I always wanted to be different and when I do something, I show it differently,” he told us. “Sometimes I get ideas from music or from what I am feeling that day. Atay even draws inspiration from quotes. “I read a quote and try to create something to explain it, in one image.” So awesome.
Atay enjoys using the Add Photo Tool. “I can make so many things with it. I can add multiple photos, cut, paste, etc.” He recommends drawing or editing with the photo zoomed in so that you can see every pixel and encourages artists to take their time. “Being slow and doing a good job is better than being fast and doing a messy job,” he says. His favorite PicsArt artists include @pelkku, @virginiebetremieux, @dvgmvr and @sofia_koha.
Atay joined PicsArt in 2014 after he reset his computer and lost his photo editing software, and he needed a free editor for a few modifications for his shoots on his iPhone. He’s been hooked ever since.
His username (@dagmus5) is taken from the words “Dagestan” (his hometown in Russia) and “Muslim,” as well as the number of talents he possesses (photography/photo editing, drawing, videography, Snapchat drawing artist, and dubstep dancing). And the most impressive fact: Atay never went to art school and learned everything he knows all by himself — “thanks to the internet and free time!”
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Open your picture in the photo editor and tap on “Add Photo.”
- Select the same picture three times and tap on “Add.”
- Select one of the added photos and tap on crop. Crop out the sky and tap on the check mark to confirm.
- Place the cropped photo along the side of your background photo. Tap on the eraser at the top of the screen. Erase the rest of the sky and the corner of the photo. The two photos should appear to intersect at a diagonal line. Tap on the check mark to confirm.
- Repeat to add the remaining photos. When you’re done, tap on the check mark to confirm.
- Back in the photo editor, tap on the Sticker icon. Search for “birds” and tap to select a sticker. Place the sticker on your image and tap on the check mark to confirm.
- Tap on the arrow in the top right corner to finish. Save your edit and share it on PicsArt with the hashtag #PhotoFrame.
PicsArt photo editor, collage maker and sticker maker is a totally new kind of creative community, with over 100M+ monthly users. PicsArt has collaborated with brands like Dior and Jared Leto’s band Thirty Seconds To Mars. Supermodels Izabel Goulart, Doutzen Kroes, and Natalia Vodianova have shared PicsArt remixes on their social media. Download the app to get in on the action!