Whether it’s colorful digital collages or sketches of neon-lit streets, we can’t get enough of all the awesome vaporwave art that’s sweeping the online art landscape. Typically highlighting blue, pink and purple hues, the vaporwave aesthetic features images from the 80s and 90s mixed with glitch effects and hints of new-age technology. As far as the internet is concerned, this retro-yet-modern visual art style is here to stay, and we’re obsessed. Here’s how to use PicsArt photo editor and collage maker to create your very own #vaporwave aesthetic photo edit.
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Open your photo in the photo editor. Tap on Effects > Colors > Colorize. Tap on the Colorize icon again to open the settings menu and adjust the hue to 212.
- Adjust the blending mode to Color Burn, then tap on the eraser at the top of the screen. Erase the photo effect on the subject. Tap the checkmark to continue.
- Tap the double square icon next to the eraser in the top toolbar to apply the photo effect. Tap on the Artistic tab and select the Watercolor effect. Adjust the lines to 23, the brightness to 50, the contrast to 50 and the fade to 0. Tap on the eraser icon and erase the effect over the subject. Tap “Apply” to continue.
- Tap on the Sticker icon and search for “glitch.” Tap a glitch sticker you like to add it to your photo.
- Adjust the size of the sticker so it covers the entire photo. Change the blending mode to Soft Light.
- Tap on the eraser icon and adjust the size to 40 and the Hardness to 100. Using your finger or stylus, draw two horizontal stripes across your photo at the mid top and mid bottom. Adjust the size of the eraser to 15, and erase any part of the glitch sticker that is covering your subject. Tap “Apply” to continue.
- Tap on Effects > Color > Color Replace and select part of your background photo to replace the color. Adjust the Replace Hue to 284, the Min Hue to 8, and the Max Hue to 5. Tap “Apply” to save.
- Save your photo and share it on PicsArt with the hashtag #vaporwave.
PicsArt photo editor, collage maker and sticker maker is a totally new kind of creative community, with over 100M+ monthly users. PicsArt has collaborated with brands like Dior and Jared Leto’s band Thirty Seconds To Mars. Supermodels Izabel Goulart, Doutzen Kroes, and Natalia Vodianova have shared PicsArt remixes on their social media. Download the app to get in on the action!