Rihanna’s at it again, making headlines and stirring up controversy. First, it was the $90 jelly slides she designed for Puma (in case anyone thought the 90s comeback was on its way out). And now, everyone’s talking about a series of photo edits she posted on her Instagram over the weekend, where artist Freddie Smithson edited Queen Elizabeth II’s head onto Riri’s body in some of her edgiest and most iconic outfits.
The internet, understandably, is going nuts. Not everyone is happy about it, but here at PicsArt, celebrity mashups like this are nothing new (Besides, in our book @thefourthjonas still reigns as queen of viral celebrity remixes). But we still think the photo edits are hilarious, and we’re sure you’re dying to learn how to make your own. So we’ve put together an easy photo editing tutorial to help you remix yourself just like Riri.
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android or Windows.
- Open a picture of yourself in the photo editor and tap on Tools > Clone.
- Select the area of your photo that you’d like to clone by dragging the cursor over to your background. Then, brush over your head to erase it.
- Reset the cursor by tapping on the target icon at the bottom of the screen, then repeat until your head is completely erased. Tap on “Apply.”
- Tap on the Add Photo icon and choose a picture of the queen. Tap on the Cutout icon and use your finger to select the queen’s head. Tap on the arrow in the top right corner.
- If necessary, refine your selection using the paintbrush and eraser icons at the bottom of the screen. When you’re done, tap on “Save” to save your selection as a custom sticker.
- Place the sticker on your body and tap on “Apply.”
- In order to make the edit look more realistic, you might need to even out the colors, contrast, etc. To do so, tap on Tools > Adjust and use the sliders to make your adjustments. To erase the effect on part of the image, use the eraser icon at the top of the screen. Tap on “Apply” when you’re done.
- Tap on the arrow in the top right corner to finish. Save your photo collage and share it on PicsArt with the hashtag #YasQueen.
PicsArt photo editor, collage maker and sticker maker is all about you. If you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out! Remix free-to-edit pictures into awesome collages and memes. Download the app to get in on the action.