2017 is the year for creating your own rules and being different. Cue maximalism, a bedazzled aesthetic of bold patterns, striking color combinations and geometric embellishments. Embrace a more-is-more attitude with this dreamy kaleidoscope effect photo editing tutorial! Follow the steps below to learn how to use PicsArt photo editor and collage maker to create a kaleidoscope effect photo collage that will transform your photos into magical yet elegantly chaotic masterpieces.
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Open your photo in the photo editor. Tap on the Tools icon and select the Cutout Tool. Outline your image and tap the arrow in the top right corner. If necessary, tap on the paintbrush or eraser icons at the bottom and refine your selection. Tap on “Save.”
- Tap the back arrow at the center of the top toolbar to go back to your original photo.
- Tap on the Draw icon to open the Drawing Tool. Tap on the layers icon in the bottom right corner and then tap on the paint bucket icon (this allows you to fill a layer with a solid color). Select a color and confirm. Tap on “Apply” to open your canvas in the photo editor.
- Tap the Sticker icon and add your sticker from the My Stickers tab. Place it in the bottom center of the photo and tap “Apply.”
- Go to Tools and tap on the Clone Tool. Tap the paintbrush and set the size to approximately 65, the opacity to 70 and the hardness to 55.
- Tap the cursor icon to the right of the paintbrush and place it on the face in your photo. Next, draw a few strokes to the left of your original photo. Repeat to clone the face a few more times, then tap on “Apply” when you’re done.
- Tap on the Mask or Effect icons and play with a few masks and photo effects until you’re happy with your final image. We applied the Light Cross photo effect and Masks from the Artistic and Bokeh sections.
- Save your edit and share it on PicsArt with the hashtag #Kaleidoscope!