In the world of business, networking is at the center of creating connections. The process of meeting new people and putting yourself out there is incredibly important. Especially as a solopreneur; meeting individuals who can help you on your business journey is crucial for success. Whilst this may sound like a daunting task, Picsart is here to make networking a viable option for you. Let’s explore how it’s done!
Why Networking is Crucial for Solopreneurs
Networking is at the forefront of building yourself up in your industry. It’s been found that more than 80% of professionals say networking is essential to their career success. It can open doors for many opportunities that can further your career and overall growth. It also allows you to access better resources, as well as develop relationships with individuals who can provide great mentorship. The journey of starting your own business can feel lonesome, so why not connect with people who understand the process? There is some much personal growth to be found through networking; the more you learn from others the more your business will expand!
Diverse Ways to Network
Now there’s a multiple ways you can network. From online spaces to real-world events the options are plentiful. Here are just some of the ways that you can do it!
Online Networking :
- LinkedIn: Think of this site as the Facebook of the business world. By having a strong and compelling profile you can really stand out to others. This is also a great place in general for connecting with people from various industries and companies alike. This is practically a central hub for meeting engaging industry links.
- Virtual Events: Online workshops and webinars are also great places to connect with industry professionals. Its been found that around 40% of people network more online than in person! These spaces are the perfect places to learn more information about the world of business too. It’s definitely worth checking some out in your free time!
- Industry Conferences: There are plenty of events you can attend to help you on your networking journey. Talks and conferences are a great way to meet more people. Just pick the ones most relevant to you and go for it.
- Local Community Meetups: Besides fully-fledged events, more local community-type meetups can also be a great way to improve your outreach. Businesses that are in your area can offer huge help in terms of growing your network. Remember, there is value to be found with anyone you meet in this process!
- Online + Offline: The best way forward can also be through mixing some of these approaches to therefore complete online & offline networking. By spending your time doing both, you are maximizing your chance to find the right guidance and connections for your brand. This can also be the most flexible way of doing this as you can structure your time to be able to network when it’s best for you.
Networking Tips and Best Practices
Here are some of our best advice on how to ace every type of networking!
Craft an Elevator Pitch: If you can describe your business in a short span effectively, you are able to grab people’s attention and get them interested in what you do! This is also super helpful to be able to do in interviews and other business-related communication.
The Art of Listening: Make sure that you are taking in all of the key information that you are being told when connecting. You never know what golden advice you may hear that could really be helpful.
Follow-Up: Also remember to always stay in contact with the most valuable people that you meet! If you ever make any sort of plan to keep in touch make sure that you do so! It’s how long-lasting business relationships form.
Overcoming Networking Challenges
Now this all sounds a lot easier said than done, as there are some real struggles that people face with networking. If you are more introverted or have any sort of communication struggles this task can seem overwhelming. It’s also common for people to have a fear of rejection when it comes to meeting new people. These problems can all be worked around by simply taking things at your own pace. By slowly easing yourself into the world of networking and finding the ways that you feel most comfortable doing you should be able to feel better about it. There will always be a way to make connections in the best way possible for you!
It may feel like a daunting task, but networking can be a great way to learn and grow as a business owner. Whether you venture out to a conference or simply join an online space you are well on your way to expanding your brand’s horizons. Go you! It’s giving networking queen ✨.
Picsart is the world’s largest digital creation platform. Its AI-powered tools give creators of all levels the ability to design, edit, draw and share photo and video content anywhere. It’s used by consumers, marketers and content creators for both personal and professional design, and is available to businesses via API partnerships and integrations. Picsart has collaborated with major artists and brands like Discord, PopSockets, Shopify, Taylor Swift and more. Download the app or visit picsart.com.