A landing page: what is it? It’s a space on your website that provides an opportunity to engage and communicate with your viewers, make sales, and invite customers to participate in calls to action.
We’ll get into the details below and explain some of the best examples of landing pages. There are types of website landing pages, and each has a different, finite function. There are campaign landing pages and ones that serve purely informational purposes. Others are inherent to the functioning of your site.
As you start to get creative and make these spaces for your website, gather up some landing page design inspiration by playing around with color schemes, fonts, and themes on a design app before committing your ideas to virtual ink on your website. Whether you’re a company with an e-commerce site or a tech startup that provides a virtual service, the best landing page ideas are the ones that look good, so keep aesthetics high on your list. Landing pages are all about that perfect balance between form and function.
What is a landing page?
As the name implies, a landing page is a place where a viewer lands, usually after clicking on a link or advertisement. This page stands on its own and is connected to the campaign for which the viewer had clicked on the link.
Why are landing pages important for e-commerce?
If you pay for ads online with the hope of reaching your target audience or you send out marketing campaigns to loyal customers, you want the link between these spaces and your website to function as smoothly as possible.
We don’t just mean the digital link. We mean the logical one. If the advertisement or email campaign is about a specific promotion or product, then customers will expect to be redirected to a page on which they can find more information.
It’s a good idea to try to facilitate sales through your landing page, if you have an e-commerce site. If a customer is interested in a product or promotion you’ve advertised, make it easy for them to complete their purchase by having a visually-appealing and informative landing page.
What are the best platforms for creating a website?
Thanks to today’s technology, you don’t need to be a designer or coder to make a professional-looking website. There are easy-to-use tools that will guide you through the process of making a site and updating features like landing pages. Here are some of the top website builders:
Looking for inspiration? 18 different kinds of great landing pages
There’s no one way to use a landing page. All marketing campaigns are different, and landing pages can meet these distinct needs in a wide range of visual styles.
- A “squeeze” page: Get information from your visitors like their email address or phone number for future campaigns or offer them a free trial. Anything to get them engaged.
- A product details page: Mix visuals and text to give customers a well-rounded view of your products.
- A video page: Dazzle your visitors with some high-quality video content that shows off your products or services.
- A splash page: Use this intermediary space to make an announcement.
- Lead capture: The name says it all. This space is all about capturing client information.
- Unsubscribe: Sometimes customers leave, and that’s normal. Use a landing page to let them know they’ve successfully been unsubscribed.
- An about us page: Tell your viewers what you’re all about and put some heart into it.
- A coming soon page: If you’re not ready to unveil your site yet, remind your viewers that you soon will be. Include a date so that they’ll check back.
- A thank you: Mind your manners, even on the internet. Thank your viewers for being there or making a purchase.
- A 404 page: We all make mistakes. Turn yours into an opportunity to engage your customers or at least make them laugh.
- An event page: Whether a physical event or a virtual launch, capitalize on peoples’ need to be in the know by using this space to give a sneak peek.
- A log-in page: If your site requires access, use the log-in space wisely. Make an announcement, offer a promo, or include testimonials.
Lead conversion (sales)
- A long-form page: Explain your products and vision in detail.
- A click-through page: Facilitate a purchase by leaving a link that will redirect clients to a specific product.
- A get-started page: Especially handy for virtual services companies, this type of page allows you users to start to interact with your app or program.
- A plans page: If you offer a service, use this space to show customers the different pricing plans you have available. These are high-converting landing pages.
- Sales landing page: Take people right to a product, and give them the option to buy then and there.
- A referral page: Reward people for recommending your site. Use this space to provide a discount to the referred person and then trigger that reward to go out to the referrer.
Tips for creating an amazing landing page
- Get inspired: Get some landing page inspiration by looking at these spaces on sites you like. After you’ve found some landing page examples you like, explore Picsart templates for design themes that could guide you towards an aesthetic for your pages. Keep these references handy as design examples when you transfer your ideas to your webpage builder software.
- Don’t try to do too much: Use the list above to help you limit what your page should do. You don’t want to confuse viewers with too much information or more than one call to action. Consider this the number one best practice for a landing page. Keep the design clean, too, with plenty of white space (or whatever your company colors are). You don’t want to have viewers scrolling around looking for essential information that should be front and center.
Picsart is a full ecosystem of free-to-use content, powerful tools, and creator inspiration. With a billion downloads and more than 150 million monthly active creators, Picsart is the world’s largest creative platform. Picsart has collaborated with major artists and brands like BLACKPINK, Taylor Swift, the Jonas Brothers, Lizzo, Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez, One Direction, Sanrio: Hello Kitty, Warner Bros. Entertainment, iHeartMedia, Condé Nast, and more. Download the app or start editing on web today to enhance your photos and videos with thousands of quick and easy editing tools, trendy filters, fun stickers, and brilliant backgrounds. Unleash your creativity and upgrade to Gold for premium perks!