If you haven’t already, it’s time to fully embrace the rainbow trend. From rainbow light filters to holographic stickers, Roy G. Biv is poppin’ up everywhere and we can’t say we’re mad about it! Since we can’t get enough of these magical rainbow hues, our latest edit is all about adopting the vibrant multicolor trend that’s taking your social feeds by storm. And yes, this is yet another Ramzy Masri-inspired edit (check out the first one here).
FYI, this tutorial is pretty advanced. For those of you up for a challenge, here’s how to use PicsArt photo editor’s custom stickers and Cutout Tool to create a mesmerizing rainbow ombre effect on your fave pics.
Part 1: Create & Add Custom Stickers
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Open your photo in the photo editor. Tap on the Cutout Tool, outline the person in your photo and tap on the arrow in the top right corner.
- Make any necessary adjustments, then tap “Save.” Tap on the back arrow to return to your original photo.
- Tap on the Sticker icon and go to the My Stickers Tab. Add the sticker you just cut out.
- Tap on the plus sign at the top of the screen and select “Sticker.” Add the same sticker three more times and arrange them side by side.
- Adjust the opacity of the first sticker to 80, the second sticker to 65, the third sticker to 55 and the fourth sticker to 35. Tap “Apply.”
Part 2: Add Rainbow Custom Sticker
- Tap on the Sticker icon again and in the search bar, type “rainbow gradient.” Choose a sticker.
- Adjust the opacity to 80 and tap on Blend > Darken. Adjust the size so it covers most of the photo.
- Tap on the Eraser icon at the top of the screen, then tap on the eraser at the bottom to open the settings panel. Adjust the hardness to 0 and the size to 45. Erase the edges of the rainbow sticker to give them a softer edge.
- If you’d like to make the rainbow effect brighter, tap on the plus sign at the top of the screen and select “Sticker.”
- Add the same rainbow sticker. Adjust the opacity to 50 and tap on Blend > Lighten. Repeat step 8 to erase the edges. Tap “Apply” to save.
Part 3: Apply Blur Photo Effect
- Tap on Effects > Blur > Motion Blur. Tap on Motion Blur again to open the settings panel. Adjust the distance to 70 and fade to 50.
- Tap on the Eraser icon. Erase the photo effect so that it only appears over the stickers. Tap “Apply” to save.
- Save and share your photo on PicsArt with the hashtag #RainbowOmbre!
PicsArt photo editor, collage maker and sticker maker is all about you. If you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out! Remix free-to-edit pictures into awesome collages and memes. Download the app to get in on the action.